Thursday, May 13, 2010

Me, Myself, and "I"

Through the DISC analysis, I got a result of being in the "I" category, for "influence." My second highest was "C," for "conscientiousness." From the class result, I saw that only 2 people were in the "IC" category, including me. I think this test was pretty accurate in determining  my leadership/management orientation, especially the action plan to be more effective. My "D" was the lowest, and one of the actions were to be firm with others, which I am not. I tend to be more lenient and let things flow. Also, I need to be more in control with time.I'm a person that procrastinates until the very last minute and feel stressed when time is limited. Sometimes I think I would better under stress, but I would and am trying to be less of a procrastinator and get things done with faster and earlier. From the conscientious aspect, it was also right that I need to make quicker decisions and delegate important tasks. I'm horrible at making decisions. It takes me forever to decide on anything, even something as simple as what to eat for lunch. As for description, I think the test got it right. I do well in communicating what I want to be said and being very optimistic in situations. I love to be able to freely express myself and the freedom to be able to do what I want.

Sometimes I do wish I was more of a "D" person, so I can make quick decisions and be able to have the courage challenge what's on the plate. I want to be more initiative and be that dominant person, but along with that, be able to influence others as well. So, perhaps being a "DI" is ideal.

Although it's interesting to find out what others are and where they stand in these tests. I don't think they should be used as a guideline as to how you view them and how you work with them in a group. People do not only possess one and only one kind of personality, but a mix of them. So I would only use the results for fun, but as to depend  on them ,I would not.

5 comments:

  1. I think I-C does describe your leadership style. When we were doing the Jell-O group work you were definitely created a motivational environment for others to get involved. You also showed attention to the key directions and was very diplomatic with people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a person may do better under stress. I agree that people do not only possess one kind of personality, but a mix of them. In additional, there are many effect factor in the real working environment. Therefore, DISC can't as a main standard or guideline to choose the employee or teammate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did test that it says I’m D-S type person. I think the test got it partly right about me. After took this test, I will follow the result to improve my weakness, since I hope to be the C type person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most people have the ability to change their types. Of course it depends on their ability also. I am a S-C type person, and I enjoy to be this type. However, this result is not very accurate (I guess) Maybe one day I will be another type of person :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My results showed that I'm a C-D ptype of manager, which I'm happy about. Although your results, an I-C and the fact that only two people got the same at class, makes you unique in a sense :D The beauty of this type of test is that it can help us identify what a kind a person you are and look room for improvement.

    ReplyDelete