Monday, April 19, 2010

The Sky's the Limit

Nothing is impossible.

Well, a girl can dream, right? Throughout the years, time and time again have I thought about "What do I want to do in life?" I've gone from thinking about staying in Baruch to pursue a BBA in Management, to thinking about transferring to Hunter for nursing, to staying back in Baruch for Accounting, which I don't don't find passion for. But there's already one more year until graduation, and I don't want to keep switching. It's been such a  depressing question for me, because honestly, I have thought about it over and over, and everything I'm doing just doesn't seem to be one of my dreams.

One of my greatest dreams is to be a pilot. Yes, I know there are very few female pilots, but they still exist, right? I've always loved looking at planes, high in the sky, in the airport, anywhere. They look so majestic and beautiful. I've always wanted to go travel to all different places and see the world.I can always do this by going on a trip, but being able to fly constantly and as a career, just thought about that makes me smile. Since I'm not in some aeronautic school right now, the only way I can get somewhat close to this dream is to work really hard to make a decent salary, and with the money, I can take private piloting lessons. Although I may be flying a jet rather than a commercial plane, I'm still flying!

Another dream I have is to be a fashion designer. I don't dress fashionably, wearing whatever is the trend, but I would love to make designs for those that do. As a kid, I would think of all these different ways to "wear" my blanky - from a dress to some kinda of top where one piece would overlap this other piece. As I grew older, I learned how to sew and use a sewing machine. Even now, I still draw down any designs I suddenly visualize in my head and believe it or not, some designs I had from years ago and in store racks selling now.  To make this dream come true, I still continue to draw whatever design I have visualized. I've never actually made any of my designs, but one day I will. When I actually make enough money from my career, I hope to be able to open a boutique where I can sell my designs.

Lastly, just like most of the girls, I do hope to start a family. I want to be able to live together with the one I love and be able to experience every moment of my life with him, whether it the ups or downs of life. I don't want kids, because I fear I will not be able to raise them right and they'll turn out to be a menace to society. Although my boyfriend and I have been together for years and years and we don't know what future hold for us, we have already talked about have a life and a future together.

Picture credit: Wayfaring
The sky is the limit.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time deciding what to do as career as well and I know exactly how stressful it was trying to narrow down the options when there are so many available. But fortunately, we both succeeded and I think that your visions are really interesting and totally attainable! So what if there aren't many female pilots now, it only makes it more special if you become one! Good luck on all your visions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you on those visions, hope all your dreams come true. But for me, become a pilot looks imposible, becasue I will fear when I stand high. So good luck for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pliot :) how nice a dream. one of my cousin is air force pliot in Korea. He seems enjoying his ride all the time. I haven't seen a woman pliot while I was travelling. You never know someday I will be on board in your flight.lol. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosita, funny you should have "family" as one of your goals... I commend you for that. It is one of the things that so many people take for granted, yet it is the core of almost everything. It is also an area where management skills play a very important role. I am of the opinion that people who are able to properly manage their family life, are better able to manage their careers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww don't worry, I'm sure u will be a great mother! it's probably you just are not ready... But we do have such an instinct. That's for sure! :)When a right time comes u will know yourself what to right way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its cool that you want to be a pilot. I also like to travel. Hope all goes well and you are able to achieve your dream of being a pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally, I found someone with similar passion for flying. I have always wanted to become a pilot or even work in the airport, just to see or be close to these beautiful and big airplanes. They just make me feel happy.
    I hope your dream come true and you become a great pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also believe nothing is impossible. Your goals are interesting and special. Don't worry that your future children will be the menace to society. You will rise them well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. being a pilot sounds like a very good idea, especially the aspect of visting many, diverse countries practically for free. traveling is also a passion of mine so i definately understand where your coming from

    ReplyDelete